Without any jokes about Kangaroos or Sheep, here are some hard and fast reasons why Targa New Zealand is the one to attend!
1. Best value for money tarmac event with the most stage kilometers anywhere!
2. Almost all stages are devoid of trees at the side of the road.
3. Australians compete with their National rally licence no need for an International licence or International safety gear.
4. Deliver the car to the wharf in Australia and arrive NZ with it scrutineered, registered and warrant of fitnessed ready for NZ roads.
5. Relaxed car eligibility Regulations.
6. Average of 1km of closed road stages to 2kms of Touring.
7. Almost all stages over 10km in length
8. There are 3 Targa events a year, 2 day event in March (250km closed stages), 2 day event in June (300km closed stages), 5 day event in October (750kms of closed stages) totaling over 1300kms of closed stages.
9. Entry fee is low for the high standards of operation
10. Entry payment plan available at no extra cost.
11. March and October events run in daylight saving time. No getting home in the dark!
12. Three Competitions, Classic 2WD, Modern 2WD & Allcomers 4WD, plus there is also the Targa Tour for those without a roll caged race car wanting to come and enjoy the wonderful New Zealand scenerary at a sprited pace.
13. Local school and community involvement with a good balance of socializing.
14. No need for pre event reconnaissance, the route books include excellent caution and safety instructions.
15. Road surface has good grip in wet and dry conditions.
16. Breathtaking views matched by the best selection of stages all in the North Island.